- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
Water Corporation Yule Tank Roof Replacement
The 9ML Yule Tank Roof Replacement project involves the deconstruction, supply, construction and commissioning of the following:
- Deconstruction of existing metal roof and columns
- Removal and storage of existing access staircase
- Supply and installation of concrete precast columns, beams and hollow-core planks
- In situ column footings and roof topping slab
- Secure compound slab and colourbond fencing
- Installation of new access hatch, handrails and FRP ladder
- Installation of aluminium air vents on roof
- Re-installation of existing access staircase
- New instrumentation panel housing one new pressure transmitter and two new pressure switches (high and low level).
BGC Contracting, as head contractor, were awarded the contract to build a precast concrete roof to replace the old roof on the ground water storage tank. Following significant research and development by BGC Precast, fabrication of the tank roof was completed using precast columns and beams, as well as innovative hollow-core concrete roof panel technology, all fabricated at BGC Precast’s Naval Base facility – one of only two facilities in Western Australia able to complete this type of fabrication. The roof components were then transported 1,667kms to site, where they were assembled, installed and commissioned by BGC Contracting.
Ongoing collaboration and innovation between the BGC divisions resulted in the successful completion of similar water tank projects at Derby, Neerabup, Beverley and Denham.