- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
Water Corporation Cunderdin Storage Tanks
Design and construction of these new tanks was an important part of the upgrade to the water quality along the Goldfields pipeline and to ensure the water is stored without risk of contamination. The project installation included:
- 144 precast panels weighting 24t each
- Two 3000m2 tank roofs
- 900m of dual pipelines installed
- Completed tie in to existing trunk main
- Pipe Under boring under live highway
BGC Contracting was awarded the contract to design, construct and test two 37.5 million litre ground level water tanks and associated works for the Water Corporation at Cunderdin, a town located in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia.
The scope of work included in this project was:
- Site earthworks and foundations.
- In-ground water pipework including tie-in works to the existing goldfields pipeline.
- Design and Construction of two 68m diameter precast concrete water storage tanks
- Modular Roof Construction eliminate risk of working at heights using harnesses
- Associated new access roads and overflow sump.
Design and construction of these new tanks was an important part of the upgrade to the water quality along the Goldfields pipeline and to ensure the water is stored without risk of contamination, which was the issue with the legacy open water storage dams. A highly successful project in the suite of project delivery to Water Corporation.