- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
NorthLink WA Project Stage 2
BGC Contracting has joined forces with Laing O'Rourke to deliver a major part of Western Australia’s NorthLink road program and remove two of the State’s most dangerous intersections.
Great Northern Connect, a joint venture between Laing O'Rourke BGC Contracting, is delivering the central section of NorthLink Stage 2. The project comprises the first section of the Perth Darwin National Highway which aims to reduce congestion and provide the northern link into Perth for heavy freight traffic and growing suburban developments.
This central section project will construct a free flowing link from Reid Highway to Ellenbrook, improving access to Ellenbrook and the surrounding precincts. It includes nearly 20km of highway with four interchanges, including 14 road bridges and three footbridges.
CONSTRUCTION SERVICES CONTRACT
Key construction works include:
- An interchange at the Reid Highway and Tonkin Highway intersection
- Flyovers at Marshall Road and Beechboro Road
- Interchanges at Hepburn Avenue, Gnangara Road and at Ellenbrook
- New cycling and pedestrian facilities including a four-metre wide shared path to Ellenbrook.
One of NorthLink WA’s key benefits is removing four of the State’s most dangerous intersections. Two of these are located in the central section which is being delivered under NorthLink Stage 2:
- Tonkin Highway / Reid Highway
- Beechboro Road / Gnangara Road