- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
Nolans East Open Cut Gold Mine
Daily production targets of 4,000 bcm (11 hours) using a PC1250 excavator were consistently achieved.
BGC Contracting were engaged by Resolute Mining’s Carpentaria Gold to support the restarting of the Nolans East open-cut gold mining pit in the Ravenswood district south of Townsville (Queensland).
Over the duration of the 15 month contract, BGC Contracting provided drill and blast, excavation, ore and waste haulage, engineering services and general mine site management.
The scope of work for this project included:
- Clearing and grubbing over a 20-hectare site
- Topsoil removal totalling 60,000m3
- Drill and blast 2,500,000 bcm
- Load and haul 2,702,481 bcm
- 1,500,000 bcm waste & 900,000 bcm ore
- 5,000,000m3 cuts to fill earthworks
- Maintenance of all SME
Selective mining techniques ensured minimised ore dilution. We achieved this by:
- Using high precision GPS on the 2 No. of production excavators
- Customised software which allowed efficient and precise transfer of mine plans to the GPS dig plans
Daily production targets of 4,000 bcm (11 hours) using a PC1250 excavator were consistently achieved. Over the life of the project there were zero LTIs and 1 serious potential incident with recordable man hours totalling 253,886. Both gender diversity and indigenous targets over the duration of the project were also achieved.
This project is an excellent example of BGC’s ability to provide small scale open-cut mining operations which meet the clients’ productivity rates and cashflow requirements.