- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
Grosvenor Coal Project
Grosvenor is located on the northern boundary of the town of Moranbah in the Central Queensland Bowen Basin coal precinct, and Anglo America Coal’s Moranbah North Mine (MNM) abuts the project area in the north.
The project comprised of the development of a single long-wall operation at Grosvenor, producing up to a maximum of 7.5 Mtpa Run-of-Mine (ROM) coal with the average ROM being 6.5 Mtpa. Coal is transported to the client’s Moranbah North Mine (MNM) via an overland conveyor and processed through an upgraded MNM Coal Preparation Plant. Product coal is then loaded out via the Moranbah North rail facility.
BULK EARTHWORKS AND CIVIL CONTRACT
BGC Contracting’s involvement with the development of the greenfields mine included bulk earthworks to construct the Mine Infrastructure area (MIA), the Run of Mine pads (ROM), a seven kilometre overland conveyor platform and access road, construction of general hardstand areas, construction of four HDPE lined sedimentation dams, construction of the Mine Surface Facility area and internal roads and associated drainage structures.
The major construction components included:
- Clearing and grubbing of 172Ha.
- Bulk earthworks consisted of 1,035,537m³ of cut and 736,376m³ of fill
- Construction of 13km of road within the Mine Lease (incl. a 7Km Overland Conveyor).
- The importation and placing of 43000m³ of road gravels (CBR15 and CBR45)
- Construction of 17 culverts of various sizes including the placing of 6169m³ of rock into stormwater protection structures.
- The installation of 178,897m2 of HDPE liner in the four sedimentation ponds.
- Installation of guardrails and signage.