- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
Coondewanna Aerodrome - Airside Works
BGC Contracting was engaged to deliver the refurbishment and upgrade works to the Coondewanna Aerodrome site which took 57 days to complete works.
Located 120km North West of Newman the Coondewanna Aerodrome is the main aerodrome servicing BHP MAC operations. With plans to expand its use for South Flank Construction and operations personnel, BGC Contracting was engaged to deliver refurbishment and upgrade works to the site.
The scope of work for this project includes:
- Strengthening of the runway 08/26, taxiway and apron.
- Surfacing of all strengthened pavements with asphalt.
- Supply and construction of all Aeronautical Ground Lighting (AGL).
- Replacement of all line markings including new helicopter operations pad.
- All earthworks associated with the strengthening works.
- Extension of asphalt pavement to allow access to the helicopter shelters.
- New concrete pads between the helicopter shelters.
- Drainage refurbishment.
BGC Contracting was engaged to deliver the refurbishment and upgrade works to the Coondewanna Aerodrome site which took 57 days to complete. With significant experience in airport construction, BGC Contracting has previously delivered a number of aerodromes and roads including the construction of an aerodrome and 35km of access roads for the Roy Hill Project, located south west of Port Hedland in Western Australia.