- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
Burrill Lake Bridge Replacement
The Burrill Lake Bridge Replacement Project is located on the Princes Highway four kilometres south of Ulladulla and involved the construction of a 288m 16 span bridge, and an additional 700m of approach roads.
The Princes Highway previously crossed the Burrill Lake on a causeway and low-level bridge that was built in 1958, which required replacement to meet usage needs and safety upkeep.
The new bridge was constructed to provide 1 in 100 year flood immunity, navigable access to the lake and with a combined cycle and pedestrian path.
The scope of work included in this project was:
- Concrete construction
- Precast bridge erection
- Working in the environmentally sensitive sea grasses in the lake and over water
- Electrical relocation
- Sewer and water main relocation
- Contaminated land management; including Potential Acid, Sulphate Soils Asbestos removal and Hydrocarbon management
- Demolition of houses, existing bridge and causeway
- Traffic management and staging
- Roadworks and drainage